It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:20 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 02, 2012
Posts: 203
Location: Cantabria, Spain
I've to work more the base layer. I think that warp map offer posibilities to obtain curiuos results.


Attachments:
jeta-bandera.png
jeta-bandera.png [ 615.01 KiB | Viewed 2834 times ]

_________________
Image



My Gimp rides on Antergos (Arch), Linux Mint, Debian and Fedora
Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:40 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Very nice jamac4k

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:56 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 02, 2012
Posts: 203
Location: Cantabria, Spain
#Molly:
I left you a answer for your question about how i textured in Photo manipulation thread.

_________________
Image



My Gimp rides on Antergos (Arch), Linux Mint, Debian and Fedora


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you jamac4k.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:01 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
:roll: Five months later ...
Image
Got it :yes

This time could follow the tutorial with relative ease!
Thanks you Jamac4k! :tyspin

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:17 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Really nice job Akros. coooool

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you jamac4k

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
Hi Molly!
Thx, it seems that now I'm able to understand tutorial Jamac4k. Before I could not get any results.
This was with the "warp map" of Garagecoder.
Image
Thx very much Jamac4k :yr

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:11 pm  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
So you are saying your used jamac4k's tutorial and used the Garagecoders warp map. That was the best result of all of them I think. I might try it tomorrow. I also like the newsprint look. alc did a very nice one too with it looked like cracked skin.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:47 pm  (#30) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
Works pretty nice with just 2 layers.
The desaturated layer and a checkerboard layer.
Select the checkerboard layer and run G'MIC>Testing>GarageCoder>Warp Map

Image

Then i just added a layer mask to the rendered layer and fixed the outer areas, hair line, eyes, and mouth.
Result
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:58 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks, I will try that. looks good... I would like to keep the lip color though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 am  (#32) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
molly wrote:
Thanks, I will try that. looks good... I would like to keep the lip color though.


I was going to mask the lips but that top lip looked so real with the texture i decided to keep it. I also like how the squares aren't perfectly square. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
Don't graffiti either tagging on me
Image

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 pm  (#34) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
I think this is the effect that will work with the text people. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Texturing skin - (SOLVED)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:23 am  (#35) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
This never gets old. :) Love this effect.

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group