It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:55 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Template Problems....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 01, 2013
Posts: 28
Location: Pretoria-Gauteng -South Africa
GIMP Version: 2.8.2
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: XP - SP3
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
Just some Fonts



Hi All...
Just joined and in with a Q straight away...Here's the 'Scenario:'

After hours of work, working on an Aircraft Repaint, I somehow managed to move the template so that all of the lines (in this case the 'livery lines') became out of 'sync' In other words the layers became out of line. Went to load it into my editor and everything was all over the place :( :gaah

The Q is...is there a quick way to get the template/Canvas or whatever to revert back to it's original state i.e. everything within their parameters? Please say there is...this was very costly mistake in terms of time!! :roll:
Thanks for your help
Ralphc


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Template Problems....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:47 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
What is Aircraft Repaint? What is template's file format, what did you do with it in GIMP? You didn't mention any relation to GIMP and I have no clue what Aircraft repaint is.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Template Problems....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:55 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Ralphc wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.2
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: XP - SP3
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
Just some Fonts



Hi All...
Just joined and in with a Q straight away...Here's the 'Scenario:'

After hours of work, working on an Aircraft Repaint, I somehow managed to move the template so that all of the lines (in this case the 'livery lines') became out of 'sync' In other words the layers became out of line. Went to load it into my editor and everything was all over the place :( :gaah

The Q is...is there a quick way to get the template/Canvas or whatever to revert back to it's original state i.e. everything within their parameters? Please say there is...this was very costly mistake in terms of time!! :roll:
Thanks for your help
Ralphc

If the layer has the same size as the canvas, then "View/Snap to canvas edge" and move the canvas, it will align itself to the canvas when its close enough (you can also use the Align tool to align to the sides).

But if the layer has a random size, and so any offset withing the canvas, then Undo/Ctrl-Z or File/Reload but you will lose other work.

Unless you can move them back carefully, using the cursor keys after starting the Move tool. I find that putting the top layer in "Difference" mode often helps a lot in that case (things change drastically when you are right on the spot).

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Template Problems....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:05 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 01, 2013
Posts: 28
Location: Pretoria-Gauteng -South Africa
Hello
Thanks for the quick responses. To the first respondent, sorry I wasn't more specific. For the purpose of clarification and without going into too much detail, an Aircraft repaint is for the programme Flight simulator X. It's possible to download 'blank' aircraft and re-paint them in the livery of your choice. I didn't mention GIMP as I assumed that as this was a Forum for GIMP, it was a 'given.' The format I used was the standard GIMP one and then I convert them to .BMP and then .dds (if that was the Q. )

Ofnuts, thanks for the helpful advice. TBH, not sure if it is/was a standard Canvas size, but nevertheless, it is useful info. I'll ensure in future I load my work as 'Canvas size' and then the solution will be easier. I think my problems started when I used the :measure tool...incorrectly :oops: I seemed to have moved things around.
Great response though :)
Thanks
Ralphc


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


cron

* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group