It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:39 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Any1 know a good free one?
I use windows, any help taken!

Ty and God bless..

~Moko

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
I use Jing as it's free unobtrusive and easy to use for 'Image capture' or 'screen recording'Jing is from the same home as Snaggit


_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Last edited by Graechan on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Mokonafan wrote:
Any1 know a good free one?
I use windows, any help taken!

Ty and God bless..

~Moko


Try this link to HyperCam... http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
I saw this at Sourceforge earlier Moko; might be useful for you. :)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/greensh ... =directory

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
CamStudio is popular on Windows.
ActivePresenter has a free version with lots of features. Once you understand the capture modes it's pretty easy. Export to Video (WMV, AVI, MPEG4, WebM)
If your not into talking Wink (a bit older) might be interesting. Export to Flash.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:16 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Andddddd the winner isssss....!!





:hoh





:drum :drum :guitrock


....


Wallace wrote:
Mokonafan wrote:
Any1 know a good free one?
I use windows, any help taken!

Ty and God bless..

~Moko


Try this link to HyperCam... http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/


FINALLY ONE I CAN USE! Thank youuu!! :D :tyspin :pengy :bigthup

Thank you to all the others too!

@OdinBC:

I had CamStudio is wouldn't work for me. -.- :(

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Excellent Mokonafan, have fun :bigthup
Should we look forward to a video tutorial from you?

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:19 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
It won't have voice-over but I will try to do the "Inking" tips in gimp.

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 am  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 25, 2011
Posts: 914
Location: Mount Olive, North Carolina
I've found recording my own work to be beneficial for myself. It's a good way to get a close look at your technique and find ways to improve.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Screen recorders...?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 pm  (#10) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Mokonafan wrote:
Andddddd the winner isssss....!!





:hoh





:drum :drum :guitrock


....


Wallace wrote:
Mokonafan wrote:
Any1 know a good free one?
I use windows, any help taken!

Ty and God bless..

~Moko


Try this link to HyperCam... http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/


FINALLY ONE I CAN USE! Thank youuu!! :D :tyspin :pengy :bigthup

Thank you to all the others too!

@OdinBC:

I had CamStudio is wouldn't work for me. -.- :(


@Mokonafan,

Was the Hypercam what you were looking for?
All you need is a microphone or headset with a microphone, plunged into your computer while your recording to create a voice-over track.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group