It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:57 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:53 pm  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
Rod wrote:
Well it's just that it seemed to me it should be <Image>/Filters/GURM
I also tried removing all the MrQ mangers to see if their was a problem there.Still didn't work.It loads fine but doesn't initialize.
B&P's first WordArt.py (version 1.0 for Gimp-2.6), did this too.When Sam removed all the gimpfu.py scripting that was embedded it ran fine in Gimp-2.8. B&P had to actually embed the entire gimpfu.py inside the script for the interface to work. :)


First thing i did was change code's menu path to Image/Filters - i don't like my main menu getting too crowded.
It didn't show up, anyway. As for the B&P's plugins, I installed from their website and don't remember having any problem.
(didn't know there was sam's version).


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 pm  (#42) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
K1TesseraEna wrote:
Rod wrote:
Well it's just that it seemed to me it should be <Image>/Filters/GURM
I also tried removing all the MrQ mangers to see if their was a problem there.Still didn't work.It loads fine but doesn't initialize.
B&P's first WordArt.py (version 1.0 for Gimp-2.6), did this too.When Sam removed all the gimpfu.py scripting that was embedded it ran fine in Gimp-2.8. B&P had to actually embed the entire gimpfu.py inside the script for the interface to work. :)


First thing i did was change code's menu path to Image/Filters - i don't like my main menu getting too crowded.
It didn't show up, anyway. As for the B&P's plugins, I installed from their website and don't remember having any problem.
(didn't know there was sam's version).


I believe it was Sam that corrected it for Gimp-2.8 RC version.It ran fine in Gimp-2.6. :)
Quote:
Getting it to run in Gimp-2.7

Has anyone gotten this plug-in to work with Gimp-2.7 versions?
If so how did you edit the script?

-Rod

edit
reply

April 18, 2012 - 07:36 — E. Sullock Enzlin
Re: Getting it to run in Gimp-2.7

Yes I have. You have to start with removing everything from the beginning until you reach: plugin starts here except the import from rows. Add of course the two lines always necessary for pyhton plugins at the top. Add " from gimpfu import * " .
Change the menu row (register section) to your needs and after that and running your plugin you will get a lot of depricated warnings so change that too.

reply


Quote:
Really? Thanks for that mate!

Really? Thanks for that mate! I cannot imagine how it is possible though. Will look at the code and test it tomorrow. The reason I brought gimpfu in is because I wasn't able to override one of its functions. You say, just delete it... then how the hell dialog will appear, as it is defined before "Plugin starts here..." line? i.e. inside gimpfu module code.

I am amazed.

I just installed GIMP 2.7 portable today and some of my plugs work normally, but this one. Thanks again, will learn something here for sure.

reply

April 18, 2012 - 16:39 — E. Sullock Enzlin
Re: Really? Thanks for that mate!

Which function do you mean??

After deleting all the code (and a few modifications) before the line "plugin starts here" the plugin works for me with a nice dialog but if you want another dialog try using Glade or code the plugin in C/C++. For a Glade example look for instance here: http://registry.gimp.org/node/24503.

reply

April 18, 2012 - 09:12 — wacmaster
Thanks Sam!

Works beautifully now in Gimp-2.8-RC1 :)

-Rod


Okay maybe not Sam then.My apologies.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:41 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
Rod wrote:
Okay maybe not Sam then.My apologies.


I was just saying i installed plugins from the dev's website and had no clue there were other versions.
I personally prefer sam's builds but if the stuff's working I don't usually look for other versions. And it this case I didn't.
But if i knew there was sam's or somebody else's version that worked better I'd probably got them. I did not mean sarcasm
or anything, my apologies if i made it sound this way Rod.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 23, 2012
Posts: 150
Well I did move the gurm menu entry to the to the Image menu, sorry again everyone. Just lazy i guess or maybe 60.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:46 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 23, 2012
Posts: 150
to change GURM back to filters menu
start notepad++ open gurm.py file
at the bottom of the file line number 438 in my file

where it reads menu="<Image>/GURM")
change back to menu="<Image>/Filters/GURM") #or depending on the Theme you are using
change back to menu="<Image>/Filter_s/GURM") #or depending on the Theme you are using
change back to menu="<Image>/Filte_rs/GURM") #or depending on the Theme you are using
Save file.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 pm  (#46) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
K1TesseraEna wrote:
Rod wrote:
Okay maybe not Sam then.My apologies.


I was just saying i installed plugins from the dev's website and had no clue there were other versions.
I personally prefer sam's builds but if the stuff's working I don't usually look for other versions. And it this case I didn't.
But if i knew there was sam's or somebody else's version that worked better I'd probably got them. I did not mean sarcasm
or anything, my apologies if i made it sound this way Rod.


No No i didn't take it in a wrong way or as sarcasm. I was just saying yup i thought it was Sam but i was wrong. :)
Basically kind of an apology to Sam. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm  (#47) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
have we got any closer to getting gurm2 to work?, and if so is there a new instructional for Installation

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 pm  (#48) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Graechan wrote:
have we got any closer to getting gurm2 to work?, and if so is there a new instructional for Installation


Sadly no.I think i am sticking with MrQ's version.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:04 pm  (#49) 
Online
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Just downloaded this. I have never used it before. Where do I put it?

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:11 pm  (#50) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Sallyanne I do not think it is ready yet and I would stay with your old gurm for now

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 pm  (#51) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Sally can you copy and paste your old paths from the GURM you have now here in code blocks?
Just a section of your brush paths from the ini file, and the path in the gurm.py file will do.

Thanks.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:49 pm  (#52) 
Online
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
If I have it already I don't know about it. Where would I find it?

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 am  (#53) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Sallyanne you can get Gurm from Here

Please read the Install instructions carefully and understand them

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 am  (#54) 
Online
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thanks

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 am  (#55) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
I was hoping to get an OLDER path set of GURM already being used and viable or working.Maybe get an idea that way of why the new one doesn't.
If someone still has GURM 7 installed what are your INI paths and gurm.py path to the ini file.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:01 am  (#56) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Rod this is my gurm 'ini' file

[Brush Manager]
useManager = yes
gimpPath = C:\gimp_2_8_0-32bits\pref_1\brushes
userPath = C:\Gurm\brushes
extensions = .gbr,.vbr,.gih,.abr,
installedOptions =
[Gradient Manager]
useManager = yes
gimpPath = C:\gimp_2_8_0-32bits\pref_1\gradients
userPath = C:\Gurm\gradients
extensions = .ggr,.svg,
installedOptions =

[Palette Manager]
useManager = yes
gimpPath = C:\gimp_2_8_0-32bits\pref_1\palettes
userPath = C:\Gurm\palettes
extensions = .gpl,
installedOptions =

[Pattern Manager]
useManager = yes
gimpPath = C:\gimp_2_8_0-32bits\pref_1\patterns
userPath = C:\Gurm\patterns
extensions = .pat,.jpg,.png,.tiff,.bmp,.gif,
installedOptions =

[Script Manager]
useManager = no
gimpPath = C:\gimp_2_8_0-32bits\pref_1\scripts
userPath = C:\Gurm\scripts
extensions = .scm,
installedOptions =

[Read this]
; Please do not edit anything manually in here except for "gimpPath" and "userPath"
; which have to be set manuall and the useManager field if you want to use the
; manager.
; For more details please read the readme file.


_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 am  (#57) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Graechan have you tried copying and pasting these into your new GURM ini file?
You know one thing i did notice is the extension area is empty.Should we put the correct extension in there?

extensions = .pat,.jpg,.png,.tiff,.bmp,.gif,


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:50 am  (#58) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Quote:
Graechan have you tried copying and pasting these into your new GURM ini file?
You know one thing i did notice is the extension area is empty.Should we put the correct extension in there?

I did not pick that up but that maybe the problem

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 am  (#59) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Here is mine now.Still doesn't work though. :(
[Brush Manager]
useManager = yes
userPath = c:\Users\rod\.gimp-2.8\brushes
gimpPath = c:\GIMP\brushes
extensions = .gbr,.vbr,.gih,.abr,
installedOptions =
[Gradient Manager]
useManager = yes
userPath = c:\Users\rod\.gimp-2.8\gradients
gimpPath = c:\GIMP\gradients

extensions = .ggr,.svg,
installedOptions =

[Palette Manager]
useManager = yes
userPath = c:\Users\rod\.gimp-2.8\palettes
gimpPath = c:\GIMP\palettes
extensions = .gpl,
installedOptions =

[Pattern Manager]
useManager = yes
userPath = c:\Users\rod\.gimp-2.8\patterns
gimpPath = c:\GIMP\patterns
extensions = .pat,.jpg,.png,.tiff,.bmp,.gif,
installedOptions =

[Script Manager]
useManager = no
userPath = c:\Users\rod\.gimp-2.8\scripts
gimpPath = c:\GIMP\scripts
extensions = .scm,
installedOptions =

[Read this]
; Please do not edit anything manually in here except for "gimpPath" and "userPath"
; which have to be set manuall and the useManager field if you want to use the
; manager.
; For more details please read the readme file.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GURM Discussion
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am  (#60) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Rod That looks like the old gurm, if you want gurm download the file from Here, this version works well and I use it in all my 10 gimps, with the one set of resources.

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group