It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:07 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 pm  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 09, 2012
Posts: 914
@Garagecoder

You can try to erase all the filters in the G'MIC folder, it will be better because all filters are compiled.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:56 pm  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
So sorry, you're exactly right! I've removed all old filter files and it's fine now (even the progress bar). Sorry to waste your time :(


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Ronounours wrote:
I will receive soon a new laptop with a 64bits CPU and Windows8, I'll try to set up the environment to build the plug-in (as I did on Win32).


Fantastic news David; Win7 would have been better though. lololol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 09, 2012
Posts: 914
@Garagecoder

This is not a waste of time, however, it highlights a problem on the beta release :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Another thing with a 64-bit OS is you don't have to give up 32-bit either thanks to accelerated VMs (my bios supports VM acceleration). Typing this message now in IE8 in Win XP. A 64-bit OS is like having your cake and eating it too. I even run the 64-bit version of Ubuntu in Virtualbox (my virtual launcher and VM creator of choice). Free too. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:18 pm  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
Well now I can't get my personal gmic file to work (the one which is .gmic on linux). None of my local test filters show up on the list, so I'm guessing either I've missed some news about how it works or I'm just being dumb!

And yup lyle 64bit is the way to go :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 09, 2012
Posts: 914
@Garagecoder

GIMP plug-in : changes in management of external sources

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gmic/discu ... 874149027/


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm  (#48) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Ronounours wrote:
How strange is that ! How many filters do you have GC ? (I've 475 filters available with the default install).


I have 487. But i have faves also. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:17 pm  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 23, 2012
Posts: 150
Image
Resource update- -Thanks


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 pm  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
samj wrote:
@Garagecoder

GIMP plug-in : changes in management of external sources

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gmic/discu ... 874149027/

"The file '.gmic_sources.cimgz' will be useless from now."

does that mean it can be deleted???

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 pm  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
@samj - it really does look to me like it was compiled using an old version of gmic_gimp.cpp but with a newer gmic.cpp and gmic.h

Process monitor shows it trying to read a file called "C:\Users\<user>\-gimp_update_filters"
hex editor shows "-gimp_update_filters" in the exe which to my knowledge is removed now.

Plus the fact Onkel's version reads my gmic file but yours doesn't!

Sorry to be a pain :(


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 pm  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 09, 2012
Posts: 914
@Garagecoder

That this is a beta version of G'MIC 1.5.6.1 and it may be normal to have problems.
You must make a difference between a stable version (1.5.6.0) and a beta version.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:38 pm  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
I was only pointing it out because the source code for the beta on CVS and even in the source in your zip file doesn't seem to match the compile you made, but yes it's a beta so I should expect there may be problems :)

Anyway I do apologise for nagging, I won't annoy you any more because I'm going to bed :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
downloaded version 1.5.6.0 for Ubuntu and it doesn't show up in the menu at all

I put it in the usual place (I've done this for a long time so I DO know where to put it). I mean nothing else has changed in my system.

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 pm  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 23, 2012
Posts: 150
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 pm  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 09, 2012
Posts: 914
@Garagecoder

I probably made ​​a mistake :cry :gaah :tantrum :otb :otb :otb :otb

*****

Updating of the archive is made ​​with a new beta release.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:46 am  (#57) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
cecilia wrote:
samj wrote:
@Garagecoder

GIMP plug-in : changes in management of external sources

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gmic/discu ... 874149027/

"The file '.gmic_sources.cimgz' will be useless from now."

does that mean it can be deleted???


Yes, this file can be deleted if you use the new version of G'MIC.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 am  (#58) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
:jumpclap thanks samj it works perfectly now!


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 pm  (#59) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
Ronounours wrote:
cecilia wrote:
samj wrote:
@Garagecoder

GIMP plug-in : changes in management of external sources

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gmic/discu ... 874149027/

"The file '.gmic_sources.cimgz' will be useless from now."

does that mean it can be deleted???


Yes, this file can be deleted if you use the new version of G'MIC.
well, I guess this new version of G'Mic just doesn't work with GIMP 2.6 because it just never shows up in the menu. I even downloaded it again in case it got corrupted from a previous download the other day. Still no go.

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.5.6.0 released !
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:00 am  (#60) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Yes, it does work with gimp 2.6.
Where did you install the plugin binary ?


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group