pirate541 wrote:
sooooo
what is this font?
The font is as Molly found out, "Argel Font"
molly wrote:
Is this Argel Font Wallace, that is what came up when I searched in the dafont forum
That's the one alright.
Gino D wrote:
Wallace, you might try to resort to some web tools devoted to finding fonts by similarity, such as
Identifont or, even better,
WhatTheFont, which gives you the possibility to upload an image featuring a few characters of the wanted font with the objective of detecting its closest matches. If you decide to use this latter service, I advise you to someway simplify your signature logo, by converting it to an essential black and white representation and getting rid of the unnecessary decorations.
That was the first thing I did, but I didn't simplify the image, therefor I couldn't get a good match.
ofnuts wrote:
As you would guess, I have a script for this:)
Get the
text-info script. It adds a "Text information" item at the bottom of the right click menu in the Layers list. When called, it outputs (messages dialog, or error console message) the contents of the "parasite" in which Gimp keeps the information about text layers. This information can even sometimes survive the "text layer" status.
Very nice! Thanks Ofnuts.
